Episode 17 of the Plant Proof podcast with The Gut Health MD also known as Dr B or Dr William Bulsiewicz is all about how to cultivate a healthy gut microbiome and what this actually means.
Dr B, as he prefers to be called, has a fun and agenda-free way of bringing the latest in gut health science to his clinical practice, website and social media (@theguthealthmd) for us all to benefit from. Dr B’s resume speaks for itself – here is just a short list of some of the things he has already achieved in his career:
- Qualified MD, a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Board-certified in internal medicine and Gastroenterology
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) from Northwestern University and a certificate in nutrition from Cornell University
- At UNC he received the highest clinical award and was Chief Gastroenterology Fellow
- He has published more than 20 scientific articles and given more than 40 presentations at national meetings
On top of this Dr B continues to practice clinically.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSSED:
- What Microbiome is
- What Dysbiosis is
- What can lead to poor microbiome
- What Pre & Probiotics are
- The Role of Pre & Probiotics
- How to cultivate healthy microbiome on a plant-based diet with lots of practical information to implement in your own lifestyle
Other episodes with Dr B include 70, 80, 81, 102, 140
Search 'Plant Proof' in your favourite podcast streaming app
If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.